- ‘He’ vs ‘she’ in Australian media coverage: what the language of news tells us about gender imbalance
- 10th International Conference on Professional Communication and Translation Studies
- Systemic Functional Linguistics in the Digital Age Just published!
- 27th European Systemic Functional Linguistics Conference
- Inter rater reliability in SFL research
Just published! The Lexico-grammatical Categories of Theme as an Index of Genre in Discourse Analysis: A Functional Approach. by Anwar El-Issa The book is based on systemic-functional grammar (SFG) and focuses on the concept of Theme (the element which occupies the initial position in the clause in English), which plays a special role in the textual organization of the message contained in the clause. Theme represents one of the ways by which writers construct meaningful…Read More