- ‘He’ vs ‘she’ in Australian media coverage: what the language of news tells us about gender imbalance
- 10th International Conference on Professional Communication and Translation Studies
- Systemic Functional Linguistics in the Digital Age Just published!
- 27th European Systemic Functional Linguistics Conference
- Inter rater reliability in SFL research
‘demetaphorization’ is generally associated with congruent unpacking of grammatical metaphors (cf. Halliday, 1985; Halliday and Matthiessen, 1999, 2004) see p. 164 in: A CORPUS-BASED STUDY OF CONJUNCTIVE EXPLICITATION IN ARABIC TRANSLATED AND NON-TRANSLATED TEXTS WRITTEN BY THE SAME TRANSLATORS/AUTHORS Fattah, Ashraf [Thesis]. Manchester, UK: The University of Manchester; 2010. Access to files FULL-TEXT.PDF (pdf) Abstract This study investigates clause complexing and conjunctive explicitation in a speciallycompiled corpus consisting of two sets of Arabic translations and…Read More