- ‘He’ vs ‘she’ in Australian media coverage: what the language of news tells us about gender imbalance
- 10th International Conference on Professional Communication and Translation Studies
- Systemic Functional Linguistics in the Digital Age Just published!
- 27th European Systemic Functional Linguistics Conference
- Inter rater reliability in SFL research
Jakobson defined “literariness” as “a property of texts and contexts (which) inheres in patterns of language in use as opposed to patterns of language in isolation” (quoted in Simpson 2004: 10) Extra-textual aspects of ‘literariness’ -“multiple intersections among texts, readers, institutions, and sociocultural contexts” (Simpson and Hall 2002: 136). This challenge to traditional notions of ‘literariness’: advertising (Cook 2001), journalism (Jucker 1992), casual conversation (Carter 2004) Simpson, Paul (2004) Stylistics: A Resource Book for Students. London: RoutledgeRead More