- ‘He’ vs ‘she’ in Australian media coverage: what the language of news tells us about gender imbalance
- 10th International Conference on Professional Communication and Translation Studies
- Systemic Functional Linguistics in the Digital Age Just published!
- 27th European Systemic Functional Linguistics Conference
- Inter rater reliability in SFL research
Armstrong N, Koteyko N, Powell J. (2011). ‘Oh dear, should I really be saying that on here?’ Issues of identity and authority in an online diabetes community. Health : An Interdisciplinary Journal for the Social Study of Health, Illness and Medicine, 16(4), 347- 365. http://hea.sagepub.com/content/16/4/347 https://lra.le.ac.uk/bitstream/2381/10005/6/ARMSTRONG_VC%20Postings%20paper%20-%20accepted%20version.pdf We explore peer-to-peer discussions which took place in a UK-based diabetes ‘Virtual Clinic’ online community. In particular, we seek to understand the rhetorical nature and content of exchanges over…Read More