- ‘He’ vs ‘she’ in Australian media coverage: what the language of news tells us about gender imbalance
- 10th International Conference on Professional Communication and Translation Studies
- Systemic Functional Linguistics in the Digital Age Just published!
- 27th European Systemic Functional Linguistics Conference
- Inter rater reliability in SFL research
Shoshana Dreyfus Abstract This presentation explores a region of ideational meaning that has been named contextualisation. Contextualisation refers to meanings that are circumstantial in nature, but range beyond the rank of the clausal constituent of circumstance in both directions: up to clause rank and down to below or within constituent rank. This paper brings together and extends the work of Halliday & Matthiessen (2004) on expansion and circumstantiation, and the work of Martin (1992) within…Read More