- ‘He’ vs ‘she’ in Australian media coverage: what the language of news tells us about gender imbalance
- 10th International Conference on Professional Communication and Translation Studies
- Systemic Functional Linguistics in the Digital Age Just published!
- 27th European Systemic Functional Linguistics Conference
- Inter rater reliability in SFL research
http://www.discourse-studies.com/en/publications/tiao_mu/2014/4/24_Book_reviews_files/jan.pdf Language in Society 40 (2011) doi:10.1017/S0047404511000492 JAN BLOMMAERT, The sociolinguistics of globalization. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2010. Pp. xvi, 213. Reviewed by HAILONG TIAN To develop his sociolinguistics of globalization, Blommaert critically reviews three books on the topic from the field of language study (14–20), including Language and globalization (Fairclough 2006), which has received criticism (e. g. Blommaert 2008, Shi-xu 2009) as well as positive comments (e.g. Tian 2010). In the 2008 review and…Read More