- ‘He’ vs ‘she’ in Australian media coverage: what the language of news tells us about gender imbalance
- 10th International Conference on Professional Communication and Translation Studies
- Systemic Functional Linguistics in the Digital Age Just published!
- 27th European Systemic Functional Linguistics Conference
- Inter rater reliability in SFL research
11th International Symposium on Teaching English at Tertiary Level
9-10 December 2016, Hong Kong
11th International Symposium on Teaching English at Tertiary Level is jointly organised by the Department of English of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures of Tsinghua University and School of International Studies of Zhejiang University, China. As a part of the celebration of the 80 year’s anniversary of PolyU, it aims to provide a platform for academics and research students to discuss and review various issues related to English studies in tertiary education. The theme of the conference is Rethinking ELT in Higher Education.
The organizing committee welcomes abstracts addressing research and pedagogical issues at the tertiary educational level. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to, the following topics:
· English for Academic Purposes
· English as Medium of Instruction (EMI) in higher education
· Challenges in ELT today
· Second Language Acquisition
· Language testing and assessment
· Multi-literacies in education
· EFL for career development
· Education discourse
· Corpora in language learning and teaching
· Teacher development
· Material design and development
All individual presentations will be 25 minutes in length, including 5 minutes’ question time. The abstract should have a maximum of 250 words (excluding references).
Each participant can submit only one abstract as the lead author and one abstract as a co-author.
Online submission is via EasyChair at https://easychair.org/con
Conference website: https://www.polyu.edu.hk/
Deadline for abstract submissions: 15 Aug 2016
Notice of acceptance: 15 September 2016
Deadline for online payment registration (for presenters): 15 Oct 2016
Programme announcement 1 November 2016
Deadline for full paper submission 31 January 2016
Full papers submitted by 31 January 2017 will be peer-reviewed for consideration for the Proceedings of the 11th International Symposium on Teaching English at Tertiary Level, or the possible publishing in a special issue with The Asia Journal of Applied Linguistics and The Journal of ASIA TEFL.
Fees: No charge to the staff, current and past PhD students of the English Department.
Organiser: inter-University Centre for Applied Language Sciences